Can’t beat the heat? Cool down with Apple Lime Slush, a refreshing cocktail that you’ll be scooping all summer!
Years ago my husband and I used to buy the pails of beverage mix that you only had to add liquor and water to. We thought it was the bomb with its quick summer time gratification. What we didn’t think of at the time was how easy it was to make our own. Years later and hopefully a little wiser I steer clear of the commercial slush mixes and stir up a creative mix to suit our taste.
What I love about this recipe is that it makes enough to serve a small crowd and it’s handy and convenient for unexpected guests. I also love that it’s cool, crisp and refreshing, making it the perfect drink to sip on a hot sunny day. Cheers!
Recipe source: Compelled To Cook
- 625 ml water
- 500 ml apple or pear vodka
- 300 ml simple syrup See note
- 300 ml apple juice
- 295 ml limeade frozen juice concentrate 295ml can
- 150 ml brandy
- 150 ml fresh lime juice
- 625 ml club soda
- In a plastic container with a well fitting lid stir together all ingredients except club soda. Cover and freeze for at least 24 hours, stirring once or twice.
- Stir slush to break apart. Scoop 1/2 cup of slush into glasses and top with club soda to taste, approximately 1/4 cup. Stir slightly to incorporate the club soda and enjoy!
To make simple syrup, combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small sauce pan. Heat until sugar has completely dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
Slush will last a month in the freezer in a covered container.