Potato Crusted Halibut
- 4 4-5 ounce halibut fillets or other mild white fish
- as needed salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup potato flakes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried parsley or basil optional
- Pat fish fillets dry with a paper towel and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Whisk eggs together in a shallow bowl.
- Add potato flakes to a separate shallow bowl and season with dried herbs if desired, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium size non stick skillet until hot over medium heat.
- Dunk one fish fillet into eggs to coat evenly, then place into potato flakes. Flip to coat evenly on both sides. Add to hot pan and repeat with remaining fish fillets. Panfry for 2-3 minutes per side until golden. Remove from pan and serve immediately with Tomato Relish or your favourite tartar sauce.
-Be sure to use potato flakes and not the ground potato meal as typically used for boxed instant mashed potatoes. I found the potato flakes at my local bulk barn.
-Serve with Tomato Relish
-The thickness of your halibut may vary from mine, which were on the thinner side. Thicker fillets may require 30-60 seconds more cooking per side.