Coconut Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt plain, vanilla or coconut
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated sugar pumpkin flesh lightly packed
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut divided
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Servings: large muffins
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line muffin tin with large paper liners. In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl whisk together sugar and melted coconut oil. Add eggs one at a time, whisking after each. Whisk in greek yogurt, buttermilk and vanilla. Stir in grated pumpkin. Add dry ingredients all at once and stir until just combined, being careful not to over mix. Stir in 1 cup coconut and dried cranberries. Divide equally between 12 muffin cups. Top each with a generous sprinkle of coconut. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or when a toothpick inserted comes out clean and muffin springs bake when touched. Remove from oven and allow to rest in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
-Be sure to use a fine grater to grate the pumpkin.
-Muffin cups will be very full as you will use approximately 100ml of batter per muffin cup. They will rise up to be large and plump.
Recipe Source: Compelled To Cook