Beef Tenderloin with Green Peppercorn Sauce
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 1 1/2" thick beef tenderloin steaks
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 3/4 cup beef broth preferably low sodium
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp green peppercorns in brine lightly crushed
- cracked black pepper to taste
- course salt to taste
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. In a medium size stainless steel skillet over medium high heat melt 1 Tbsp butter until foamy. Add steaks and cook for approximately 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove steaks and cover with foil.
- In same skillet melt remaining 1 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add brandy, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the pan, cook for 1 minute. Add beef broth and cook over medium high heat until reduced by half, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and continue cooking to reduce by half, approximately 5 minutes. Add crushed peppercorns in brine and cracked black pepper.
- Arrange steaks on plate and spoon sauce over top. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: Adapted from Tasting Table, Green Peppercorn Sauce