Chocolate Hazelnut Affogato
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 4 shots espresso warm
- 1 ounce Frangelico liqueur
- 4 generous scoops chocolate ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350℉. On a small baking sheet or pie plate, spread hazelnuts in a single layer and toast for 10-13 minutes until starting to turn golden. Allow to cool to room temperature and coarsely chop.
- Combine heavy cream and icing sugar and whip until soft peaks form. Keep chilled until ready to use.
- Brew 4 shots of espresso or use espresso powder as per product instructions. Combine with Frangelico liqueur.
- Place a scoop of ice cream in individual serving dishes or glasses. Pour 1/4 of espresso/liqueur into each dish. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with chopped hazelnuts. Serve immediately.