- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup cherry jam
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 each green onion thinly sliced
- 1 each zest of one lime
- 1/2 medium jalapeño seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 each juice of half a lime
- pinch of salt
- Chop dried cherries and combine with cherry jam in a mini food processor or blender. Pulse several times until cherries are about the size of a pea or smaller. Add remaining ingredients and pulse 2-3 times to combine.
- Scoop into a serving dish, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes to meld flavours. Use as a topping for crostini, baked brie, breaded chicken cutlets or grilled meats.
-I find there is a need to first chop the cherries before adding to the food processor because everything becomes too processed in the time it takes the dried cherries to break down. By chopping the cherries first, the mixture retains most of its texture yet everything is combined.
-If a food processor is not available, simply chop everything by hand and combine.