Magic Hour Cocktail
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 each vanilla bean, split
- 1 1/2 parts Orange Vodka I used Grey Goose L'Orange
- 1 1/2 parts fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 parts coconut milk
- 1/2 part vanilla syrup
- as needed orange zest optional
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Once it reaches a full boil and sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and allow to cool. Makes 1/2 cup syrup, or enough for 8 cocktails if using 1/2 ounce per. Will keep several weeks chilled in an airtight container.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker half filled with ice. Shake until very cold, about 30 seconds. Strain into glasses and garnish with orange zest if desired. Serve immediately.