Chocolate Almond Crunch Krispie Treats
- 8 cups mini white marshmallows 14 ounce bag
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup almond butter divided
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 4 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups toasted sliced almonds divided, see note
- Prepare a 9"x9" pan by spraying with non stick spray and lining with parchment, allowing the parchment to overhang on two sides only. Giving you something to grab and lift entire unit from pan when set.
- Using a large pot, melt marshmallows and butter over medium heat until almost melted. Add 1/2 cup almond butter and almond extract. Stir until smooth, removing from heat when the last of the marshmallows have melted.
- Stir in rice krispies and 1 cup toasted almonds. Spread evenly into prepared pan using lightly oiled hands to press out uniformly.
- Melt chocolate chips and 1/4 cup almond butter together, stirring until smooth and chocolate is melted. I used the microwave at medium power and 30 second intervals, however a double boiler works well too.
- Pour over krispie squares and spread out evenly. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup toasted almonds. Allow to cool to room temperature prior to cutting. Cut along the edge of the pan to release the two sides that do not have the parchment overhang. Grab the parchment ends and lift entire unit out of the pan onto cutting board. Cut 4x5 into 20 bars.
Toast almonds by spreading in a single layer on a sheet pan and baking in a preheated 350℉ oven for 8-10 minutes, turning once.