Cabbage and Jicama Slaw
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup jicama cut into thin matchsticks
- 5 each green onions chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves lightly packed
- 1 each ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonaise
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 black pepper
- In a large bowl toss together cabbage, jicama, and green onion. Set aside.
- Using a mini food processor or blender puree together avocado, sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, onion powder, salt and pepper until smooth. Add cilantro and pulse until cilantro is coarsely chopped and combined.
- Combine shredded cabbage mixture with just enough dressing to coat the salad well. Serve immediately.
Add dressing to salad just before serving to maintain optimum freshness and crunch. Save any additional dressing to drizzle over tacos or spread on your favourite sandwich or hamburger.