Roasted Gremolata Cauliflower
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley no stem
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 each zest of one lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 medium/large whole cauliflower about 2 pounds total weight
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- In a large bowl stir together parsley, lemon zest, garlic, salt and 3 tbsp of olive oil. Set aside.
- Remove outer leaves from cauliflower and cut the head into quarters. Easily core the cauliflower by cutting it out of each quarter, allowing any remaining leaves and stem to come away with it.
- Break or cut the cauliflower into large bite-size pieces. Toss cauliflower with remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil and a few grinds of a pepper mill. Spread out evenly on a large baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, turning once, allowing the bottom edges to become golden and caramelized.
- Remove from oven and add to the bowl of Gremolata along with the parmesan cheese. Toss to coat evenly and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
-make as a vegan option by omitting the parmesan cheese or using your favourite alternative cheese.