Orange Yogurt Smoothie
Creamy and delicious with a subtle orange flavour makes this Orange Yogurt Smoothie wonderful for breakfast, a quick and easy energy boost or post-workout sipper.
Using fresh oranges is key as they provide a freshness that canned oranges just can’t. It’s also important not to skip the skim milk powder too. This small addition not only adds to the creaminess but it also adds a little extra protein and nutrition without having a heavy protein powder taste.
Segmenting the oranges can be a bit fussy, but it’s quite simple to do. Once you do it a few times you’ll be a pro at running your knife along the flesh taking off the right amount to get all the pith.
This lovely smoothie is super quick and easy and can be ready in minutes as you rush out the door in the morning. Having the oranges peeled and segmented in advance will also help speed things up when time is tight. Enjoy!
Author: Compelled to Cook
- 3 each seedless oranges
- 2 cups ice
- 2/3 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp skim milk powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cut the peel off the oranges by cutting off the top and bottom to the flesh. Then run your knife down the sides along the flesh removing the sides in large strips.
- Segment the orange by running your knife along the membrane on both sides of each segment which will loosen it from the orange.
- Place oranges and remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into desired glasses and serve immediately.
-recipe yields approximately 650ml-700ml depending on the amount of ice added.
-cutting the peel off instead of simply peeling it with your fingers ensures there will be no pith left on the flesh.