Who loves peanut butter? I know I do, and I eat it regularly, either on a bagel, banana, in granola, and yes….straight off the spoon. But let’s add a little chocolate ganache and watch that love intensify!! I won’t lie, I would definitely struggle with a peanut allergy. So if you’re a lover of peanut butter like me, you’ll really enjoy these easy, make ahead Peanut Butter Tarts layered AND drizzled with chocolate ganache.
The crust is buttery and crunchy with peanuts. Top it with a layer of chocolate ganache and you’re off to a good start. The filling is a silky smooth combination of peanut butter, cream cheese and whipped cream. You’ll definitely be inclined to lick the spatula, in fact, I bet you can’t resist it! Peanut Butter Tarts are not only easy, but make a lovely presentation and can be made ahead. With better weather lurking, it’s time to start thinking of cool, creamy desserts. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: Compelled To Cook
- 5 ounces Nilla wafers Vanilla Wafers
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 3 ounces semi sweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350℉. In a food processor pulse together Nilla wafers, peanuts and sugar until you have a course uniform crumb. Drizzle in melted butter and pulse a few times to combine. Using 8, 4" mini tart pans with removable bottoms add 1/4 cup of crumb mixture to tart pan and evenly spread over the bottom and up the sides, pressing lightly to compact. Place prepared tart shells on a large baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Heat heavy cream in a small sauce pan or microwave until hot. Pour over chopped chocolate and allow to sit for 1-2 minutes to melt. Add sweetened condensed milk and whisk until smooth. Scoop 1tbsp of ganache into cooled tart shells and spread out evenly over the bottom. Reserve remaining ganache for drizzling. Refrigerate tart shells for 15-20 minutes to firm up ganache.
- Beat cream cheese and peanut butter together until light and fluffy. Add icing sugar, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Beat until combined and smooth.
- Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into peanut butter mixture. Scoop a full 1/4 cup of filling into each tart shell, smooth out the top as desired. Chill for at least an hour. Drizzle remaining ganache over tarts and garnish with shaved chocolate and/or chopped peanuts and serve.
You may need to warm the reserved ganache for drizzling. Simply microwave under medium power, whisking at 10 second intervals.