Show off your red white and blue the delicious way with Summer Berry Ambrosia. A lovely salad that’s a little part dessert and fantastic for your 4th of July celebration, potluck or BBQ this summer. Gorgeous red and blue summer berries folded into a sweet white marshmallow cloud that’s creamy and crunchy with coconut. It will be loved by children and adults alike.
Although Summer Berry Ambrosia is on the sweeter side for being a salad, it’s not as sweet as you might think. There is no added sugar in this salad. The sweetness comes from the sour cream “washing off” the sugar already on the marshmallows and coconut. This melding of ingredients creates the perfect balance of sweetness. The berries add brightness and their inherent tangy sweetness as well. It’s a great combination of simplicity, texture and flavours.
Summer Berry Ambrosia is super easy to put together with little prep and only a handful of ingredients. You can have it stirred up in no time at all. It takes longer to sit and meld the flavours than it does to actually make.
Recipe source for Summer Berry Ambrosia: Compelled To Cook
- 1 1/2 cups full fat sour cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups white mini marshmallows
- 1 cup shredded or flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup raspberries
- In a large bowl whisk together sour cream and vanilla. Fold in marshmallows, coconut and berries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 1/2 hours to meld flavours. Top with toasted coconut if desired. Best the day it is made.
Makes approximately 6 cups.