Pink Whitney slush
Pink Whitney Slush
Isn’t it hard to believe that a good chunk of May has already come and gone? We’ve had an early spring and it’s time to plant flower pots and sip cool drinks on the deck with the scent of freshly mowed grass in the air. Today I’m excited to share the icy cold Pink Whitney Slush. A wonderful combination of pink lemonade, Pink Whitney vodka and a good measure of fresh grapefruit and lime juice for just the right amount of pucker. It’s a lovely drink that can be made in advance and is perfect for occasions such as bridal showers, Mother’s Day, or family reunions.
Sadly, the Covid 19 virus still plagues my area, and no guests are permitted into the home at this time and only 5 people are allowed outdoors while maintaining the required 6 feet spacing. These public health measures are not exactly great for entertaining, so for the foreseeable future, the only Pink Whitney slurping will be from my husband and me. While this adult slush is perfect for entertaining and enjoying with friends, I’ll just have to be content with sipping it with the company of sunshine and solitude right now.
Pink Whitney Slush will last for at least a month in the freezer, so there’s no reason not to have a batch made and ready. I know I’ll be making another batch and planning for backyard days filled with the company of others. Until then, I hope everyone is staying safe and well in these crazy Covid days.
Want more summer drinks?
Author: Compelled to Cook
Pink Whitney Slush
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups Pink Whitney vodka
- 1 295ml frozen pink lemonade
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, strained about 2
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice about 1
- Add all ingredients to a sealable plastic or glass container. Whisk well to combine.
- Place in freezer for at least 24hours, stirring once or twice.
- Scoop into martini glasses and garnish with fresh mint if desired. Serve immediately.