- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 8-10 ounces lean steak such as tenderloin or sirloin I used sirloin
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- 4 cups mixed greens lightly packed
- 1 each roma tomato sliced
- 4" piece english cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- as needed red onion thinly sliced
- as needed Catalina Dressing see note
- In a small bowl stir together first 10 ingredients. Sprinkle steaks generously on both sides with spice rub, pressing gently to slightly adhere. Drizzle with oil and rub paste evenly over steak. Cover and set aside at room temperature while grill preheats.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Clean and dry mixed greens ( I like to use a salad spinner). Clean and slice vegetables, subbing in others as you like.
- Grill steak to desired doneness. 4-5 minutes per side for a medium 1" steak. It will depend on thickness of steak. Remove steak and cover with foil and allow to rest at least 5 minutes.
- While steak rests, arrange mixed greens on plate and top with sliced vegetables and crumbled goat cheese.
- Slice steak across the grain and arrange on salad. Drizzle with Catalina dressing and serve immediately.
I recommend using homemade dressing, you just can't beat it. Here's a link to my Catalina Dressing.