- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce preferably low sodium
- 1 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp chili paste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1/2 each juice of half a lime
- pinch kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Whisk over low-medium heat until smooth. Increase heat to medium and whisk until slightly thickened and the sauce comes barely to a simmer (do not boil).
- Remove from heat and adjust thickness with a little more water or coconut milk if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
-The sauce will thicken as it cools, adjust thickness with a splash of water or coconut milk to suit your taste.
-The sauce will keep refrigerated in a sealed container for up to a week and in the freezer for a month.