You just can’t beat a frittata for its simplicity and ease of preparation for something that looks so much more complicated than it actually is. Plus, you can make it any combination of flavours you want. My Spanish Chorizo Frittata is packed with flavour from spicy sausage, veggies, fresh herbs and smoked paprika. Many great flavours all hugged together with cheese and eggs. It’s the perfect meal served with a salad or hash browns.
Not only great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, it’s fantastic for guests since everything can be chopped in advance. Making the final preparation a simple matter of a little sautéing, adding whisked eggs and cream then popping in the oven until slightly puffed and golden. It takes mere minutes to pull it off once the prep is done.
So go crazy with your favourite meats, veggies and potatoes to create your own signature frittata. It’s also a great dish for those watching their carbohydrate intake as there’s no starchy crust and it can be made without meat for a great vegetarian option. I opted for a frittata with a Spanish flare full of sausage and a few of my favourite veggies. It’s delicious and I hope you enjoy it!
Recipe source for Spanish Chorizo Frittata: Compelled To Cook
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion 1/4" dice
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper 1/4" dice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounces chorizo crumpled or 1/4"dice
- 4 cups coarsely chopped stemmed spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers 1/4" dice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 3/4 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley or 3/4 tsp dried
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated white cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Heat olive oil in 10" cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until starting to soften. Add chorizo and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach, roasted red peppers and herbs, cooking until spinach has completely wilted, approximately 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, cream, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet and stir 2-3 times. Sprinkle with cheese and stir just to combine. Allow to cook on stove top over medium low heat undisturbed until starting to set around the edge, approximately 5 minutes. Transfer pan to preheated oven and bake for 15-16 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before slicing.