Grilled Lamb Chops
Moving sucks!! It’s not only an awful lot of work, it has also kept me away from food blogging for a couple of months now. Today I am getting back into the swing of things and quickly realizing that my hiatus has taken its toll. Lagging page views and technical issues are at the forefront today, but I am back and excited to share these delicious Grilled Lamb Chops with you. Don’t worry there’s a little bit of summer left to fire up the grill for this quick and easy elevated dinner.
Lamb chops are my absolute favourite way to enjoy lamb. They’re mild tasting and get a nice char on them from their extra bit of fat. The mustard rub used on today’s Grilled Lamb Chops is a variation of my go-to favourite grilling/roasting rub. A good dose of garlic, Dijon and rosemary are perfect to compliment the lamb. Sadly, lamb is quite expensive in my area, so these delicious chops are not usually on regular rotation, but they are a fantastic option for a special dinner or entertaining occasion. Enjoy.
Author: Compelled to Cook
Grilled Lamb Chops
- 1 each rack of spring lamb
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 each juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Trim any excess fat from the rack of lamb. Cut the rack into chops by cutting evenly between each rib. A medium-size rack will yield approximately 8 chops.
- In a small bowl whisk together the Dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lamb chops in a shallow dish and evenly coat with mustard paste. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Grill the lamb chops 6-7 minutes per side for medium-well.
- Remove from the grill and cover with tin foil and allow to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve with red pepper or mint jelly.