Be ready for summer with this bright and refreshing Whiskey Lemonade. So simple to stir together and perfect for entertaining or just sipping yourself while enjoying the sun.
I chose to use frozen lemonade concentrate in this recipe for two reasons. The first was for convenience and the second to control the strength and concentration of the lemonade. I first mixed the lemonade according to the can directions and felt that it lacked flavour, sweetness and brightness. I then changed to mixing the cocktail using the concentrate itself in frozen form. This allowed me to control how lemony and sweet I wanted the drink. Using it frozen also ensured a cold drink. One standard 295ml tin of frozen lemonade concentrate will yield 4.75 drinks. If I was serving at a party, I would mix the concentrate with the appropriate amount of water which is 700ml or just over 2.75 cups. Once mixed, you can keep it chilled and mix with your whiskey of choice as needed. However you choose to mix it, it’s a very simple cocktail that’s perfect for a hot sunny day. Enjoy!
As I believe with any good cocktail, it’s important to use good quality water. Either filtered or bottled is recommended as it eliminates the variance of everyone’s water, whether it be good or bad.
Check out these other wonderful summer cocktails!!
Author: Compelled to Cook
- 4 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate I used Minute Maid brand
- 4 ounces whiskey I used Gibson's
- 10 ounces filtered or bottled water see note
- as needed ice
- as needed lemon slices or wedges
- Fill two glasses half full of ice. To a cocktail shaker or large glass measuring cup add whiskey, lemonade concentrate and water. Shake or stir to mix and pour over ice, dividing evenly between glasses. Garnish with fresh lemon slices or wedges. Serve immediately.
-Using filtered or bottled water can make a huge difference. Everyone's tap water is different and some not the best for drinking as they are loaded with chlorine, sulfur etc. By using good water ensures a good tasting drink.
- One 295ml Minute Maid frozen lemonade will yield 4.75 cocktails.