Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Tequila Pineapple Punch. A fruity drink made from fresh pineapple and spiked with tequila and white wine. Refreshing and fun to drink because of its fruity nature and because it’s made with all fresh fruits, it’s not too sweet. A great party drink for your Cinco de Mayo celebration or back yard BBQ this summer.
While many of us celebrate Cinco de Mayo for Mexican heritage and culture with Mexican themed food, drinks and parties, the people of Mexico celebrate for their victory over the French in 1862. So no matter why or how you celebrate, it’s always fun to celebrate with boozy beverages. Tequila Pineapple Punch is super easy to put together and easier yet to pass the pitcher around. Enjoy!
Recipe source for Tequila Pineapple Punch: Compelled To Cook
- 1 large fresh ripe pineapple
- 1 cup tequila gold or white
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup fresh orange juice about 2 large
- 1 1/2 cups sparkling water
- Cut ends off pinapple and trim off rough outer skin without cutting too far into the flesh. Cut pineapple into quarters horizontally. Lay each quarter flat and trim out the woody core. Chop remaining flesh into large 1" chunks.
- Add half the pineapple chunks, ginger and half the orange juice to a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into serving pitcher. Repeat with remaining pineapple and orange juice.
- To the pineapple puree stir in tequila, white wine, agave nectar and lime juice. Pour 1 cup punch over ice and top with approximately 1/4 cup of sparkling water.
I think this would go well with lamb chops! ? Can’t wait to try it! Looks delicious. This would have been a fun one to make in the kitchen!
Yes, a great party beverage with friends. I have some hiding in the freezer for the next time you stop by for a visit. Lamb chops to come my friend!